Collection of Personal Data
“Personal Data” are data elements that identify you as an individual or relate to an identifiable individual. Personal Data includes the term “personal information” as used in the California Privacy Rights section below. We collect Personal Data in accordance with law and this Policy. Examples of such data are:
- Postal address
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Language preference
- Geolocation information
- Social media account ID, profile photo and other data publicly available, or data made available by linking your social media and accounts
- Pictures, audio files, or videos you submit, including pictures of yourself
- Credit card and billing information (if you submit payment for Services)
- Credit and Financial information in limited circumstances
- Information about your device, network and internet connection, such as your IP address, or other device ID (UUID)
- Device type, operating system type and version, and browser type and version
- Information about your usage of our site including the pages and files viewed and referrer URL and exit pages
- Information about your calls to us including phone numbers and recordings
- Other information you provide or create, such as comments you make on articles and blogs or posts in community forums
How We Collect Personal Data
We collect Personal Data in a variety of ways as described below.
Directly From You
We may ask you to provide Personal Data for various reasons. As a prospective customer of our Services, when you contact us or request information about our Services, we ask you for contact information such as your name, email address, phone number, geographic and job information or title. We also collect similar information from you when you sign up to receive our newsletters or other offers.
We may ask you for similar and additional information at other times, such as when you apply for a job through our Sites or contact our customer service team.
You may also provide us your personal information when you sign up for a webinar, download a whitepaper directly on our Sites or from one of our Advertising partners, or complete a “contact us” form on our Sites.
We also collect Personal Data that employees, contractors, or clients provide to us when they register for access to the Brand Bullets platform. The information we may collect includes name, address, company name, location, email address, phone number and account password.
Information Uploaded to the Services
Occasionally we allow users of our Services to post content or upload information and materials to the Site and Services, including pictures, documents, records and any other materials. In those cases we may require you to accept additional terms before we publish your submissions. If you post content or upload information or materials to our Site or Services, we may use this content to provide the Site and Services to you and other users, and we may share this content publicly, subject to any additional terms upon which we may agree.
From Third Party Sources/Clients
Through our Sites and Services, we may receive information, including, with your consent where required, from third party providers and sources that, alone or in combination with other information, could be used to identify an individual, including you.
We do not control the privacy practices of these third parties that we collect information from.
We also may receive your personal information such as name, business email, company and job title, from trade shows or other similar events that we sponsor or from third parties that provide such information. We use this information to send marketing messages to you as described below.
Information Automatically Collected
This information can include your browser type and operating system, your IP address, the length and times of day you use our Sites or Services, and the referring URL or webpage that led you to our Sites or Services.
We also use this technology to record your preferences, track the use of our products and your exposure to our online advertisements. We may also use these technologies to monitor traffic, improve the products and make it easier and/or relevant for your use. For example, we may recommend articles similar to the ones you’re reading or display advertisements that you haven’t already seen.
What Kinds of Cookies Do We Use?
- Analytics cookies
- Advertising cookies
- Essential cookies
- Functionality cookies
- Social Media cookies
- To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from us if your computer supports such capabilities. You can opt out of receiving emails or other electronic marketing communications from us, other than emails related to your use of the Services or management of your account. Please see the Your Choices section below.
- We might also use a pixel tag which is a small graphic file that allows us and third parties to monitor the use of the Sites and Services and provide us with information based on your interaction with the Sites, Services and e-mails. These tags may collect the IP address from the device which you loaded the page, your browser type, and other data. Pixel tags are also used by our third parties to collect information when you visit our Site, the links and other actions you take on our Site, and we may use this information in combination with cookies to display targeted advertisements.
- Other data technologies may be used that collect comparable information for security and fraud detection purposes.
Use of Personal Data and Other Information
We use the Personal Data collected for a number of purposes as described below.
To Provide our Services
Brand Bullets uses your information, including Personal Data, for the following purposes:
- Provide you with access to the content and services we produce;
- Analyze demographic or behavioral data to improve or personalize the products we offer to you;
- Provide you with more relevant advertising content;
- Post your user generated content and comments to the sites as you request;
- To respond to any emails or requests you directly make to us;
- For our own marketing and retargeting purposes by tracking preferences which allows us to create new services, features and content that may be more personalized to your interests;
- For our statistical, research, recordkeeping, and reporting purposes to understand trends related to our offerings and services;
- To protect the security of our network and to monitor abuse and prevent illegal activities and fraud;
- To comply with the law;
- For any other purpose identified at the time of collection.
We will not use the information provided to us in ways unrelated to the ones described above without notifying you first and getting your consent where required.
If you are a new customer, Brand Bullets will only contact you when you have provided consent.
To Communicate with You
When you send email or other communications to us, we may keep those communications and use the Personal Data they contain in order to process your questions, respond to your requests and improve our Sites or Services. In particular, we may use your email address to communicate with you about our Services, such as to provide you with support.
Other Uses of Data
We may anonymize, de-identify and/or aggregate the information that we collect and use such anonymized, de-identified and/or aggregated data for our own business purposes, including but not limited to sharing anonymized orde-identified data with our current and prospective business partners, clients, service providers, affiliates, agents and other third parties for commercial, statistical and market research purposes, for example to allow those parties to analyze patterns among groups of people, and conducting research on consumer demographics, interests and behavior.
We use Personal Data and other data for data analysis, security and fraud monitoring and prevention, product development and testing, improving or modifying our Sites and Services, analyzing website traffic patterns and behaviors, statistical and survey purposes, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities.